DNF Editorial Staff
- Server consolidation will continue to be popular as it reduces the number of computers provisioned, reduced power and cooling needs, makes it easy to provision applications and services for various departments, makes it easy to manage fewer hardware resources and goes a long way in enabling better business continuity.
- Cloud Service providers like Amazon Web Services will make it easy to virtualize servers used across software platforms such as Microsoft (Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server), Oracle™, PeopleSoft, SAP™ etc.
- Companies that have close alliances with, and technological dependence on, specific vendors are building virtual networks with them.
- Enterprises are upgrading their network infrastructure to factor more of VLANs (virtual LANs).
- Productivity for remote workers. Storage Virtualization in particular reduces data latency and increases throughput, thereby helping geographically dispersed teams stay productive.